tirsdag 21. januar 2014

Welcome to my blog!

So... Here it goes! My first post on my newly created blog. Tomorrow marks the beginning of a six month adventure in Southeast Asia and Australia. My roommate, Isabelle, and I are heading to Bangkok in the morning. We will be traveling around Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore for a month before heading to Sydney, Australia for a semester at Macquarie University. There we will meet up with two friends from our class. We are all enrolled in the psychology program at the University of Tromsø (UiT), so we will be taking classes that fit into our current program. Health Psychology, Organizational Psychology and Psychopharmacology, here we come! 

In order to keep family and friends in the US and Norway up to date, I thought it would be a good idea to start a blog. And who knows, maybe some random people will come across this blog and find it interesting? You never know! I have no experience blogging, so please bear with me! I'll try my best to make this interesting! I'm not quite sure what I'll write about or how often I'll write. Time will tell. If you're interested in reading about my thoughts and experiences while traveling and studying abroad, keep reading and feel free to follow my blog! Also, feel free to comment. Preferably nice things! 


Writing this post is somewhat surreal. Partly because I never thought I would have a blog (hah), and partly because this means that I am actually leaving tomorrow. I can hardly believe it! I have been looking forward to this day for so long. Having never been to Southeast Asia or Australia before, I have also been a little anxious. Leaving the comfort zone can be a challenge, but I am sure this will be a great experience. 


I have packed and unpacked my backpack probably a hundred times, trying to figure out what I will (really) need on my 6 month journey. I've realized that the phrase "less is more" applies well for situations like these. I have also realized that I have great friends that are willing to listen to me list the pros and cons of bringing item X for way too long (thank you, I truly appreciate it). After sending a small box of items to Sydney and packing my 55L backpack quarter full, indecisive-Suzy is ready for departure tomorrow. Crossing my fingers that I won't oversleep tomorrow, and that the flights go smoothly with no delays or lost luggage. With my horrible travel luck, you should probably cross your fingers, too! 


I
'd like to end my first ever blog post with my new favorite song (currently on repeat): Happy by Pharrell Williams. Enjoy! 


Love, 

Suzy 










Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar